LiTE customers are our NON PRIME customers. PRIME customers are customers that are on one of our privately owned towers that provides internet to the community.
The Client is solely responsible for the use of the Highspeed Country Internet’s Services by any of its family members, friends, employees, officers, directors, agents and any other end-user of the Services (collectively, the “Users”). The Client agrees to comply, and to ensure that all other Users comply with the following policy and procedures associated with the use of the Highspeed Country Internet’s Services. (the Client and/or Users are sometimes hereinafter referred to as “you”).
While using the Service, you may not:
- Post, transmit or otherwise distribute information constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise use the Services in a manner which is contrary to law or would serve to restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Services or the Internet;
- Post or transmit messages constituting “SPAM”, which includes but is not limited to unsolicited e-mail messages, inappropriate postings to newsgroups, false commercial messages, mail bombing or any other abuse of e-mail or newsgroup servers;
- Post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, “cancelbot”, “trojan horse”, “worm” or any other harmful or disruptive component;
- Upload or download, post, publish, retrieve, transmit, or otherwise reproduce, distribute or provide access to information, software or other material which: is confidential or protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights, without prior authorization from the rights’ holders; is defamatory, obscene, child pornography or hate literature; or constitutes invasion of privacy, appropriation of personality, or unauthorized linking or framing. Engage in account sharing, including, without limitation, permitting third parties to use your Service account and password; or Use the Service for simultaneous sessions using the same User ID and Password.
- Your Equipment
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer and networking systems meet the minimum requirements stated by Highspeed Country Internet as being necessary to use the Services. From time to time, the computer and networking equipment required to access and use the Services may change. Accordingly, your computer and networking equipment may cease to be adequate to access and use the Services.
- You Can Best Control the Risk and Therefore Are responsible.
- Highspeed Country Internet will not assume any responsibility for your acts or omissions, or of any individual who uses your account. An individual with Internet access can cause damage, incur expenses and enter into contractual obligations while on the Internet. All such matters are your responsibility. As between Highspeed Country Internet and you, you are better able to put in place physical and procedural impediments to the inappropriate use of, and to, supervise your account. Account and password protection will be your responsibility. Any detriment that is caused to the network as a result of a failure to properly secure your computer and/or networking systems may result in the termination of the Service.
- Monitoring – Highspeed Country Internet has no obligation to monitor the Services. However, in order to protect itself and its subscribers, or as necessary to operate the Services, Highspeed Country Internet will be entitled to electronically monitor the Services from time to time and disclose any information concerning the End User required by the Client or that is necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or lawful request. Highspeed Country Internet will not intentionally monitor or disclose any private e-mail message unless required by law. Highspeed Country Internet reserves the right to refuse to post, or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that it determines, in its sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable, or in violation of these policies.
- Content – You acknowledge that some content, products or services available with or through the Services (“Internet Content”) may be offensive or may not comply with applicable laws. You understand that neither Highspeed Country Internet nor any of its affiliates attempt to censor or monitor any Internet Content. You also acknowledge that neither Highspeed Country Internet nor any of its affiliates have any obligation to monitor your use of the Services and, except as provided herein, have no control over such use. The Client understands, however, that such Internet Content may be subject to “caching” at intermediate locations on the Internet when being accessed through the Services. You assume total responsibility and risk for access to, or use of, the Internet Content, and for your use of the Services and the Internet. Highspeed Country Internet and its affiliates assume no liability whatsoever for any claims or losses arising out of, or otherwise relating to, your access to, or use of Internet Content.
- Privacy – Highspeed Country Internet cannot guarantee privacy. Your messages may be the subject of unauthorized third-party interception and review. Highspeed Country Internet there-fore recommends that the Services not be used for the transmission of confidential information. Any such use shall be at your sole risk and Highspeed Country Internet, its affiliates and its agents shall be relieved from all liability in connection therewith.
- E-mail & Forums – Sending unsolicited e-mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements is prohibited. Users will not use another site’s mail server to relay mail. Users shall not post ten (10) or more messages similar in content to Usenet or other newsgroups, forums, e-mail mailing lists or other similar groups, sites or lists, nor post articles which are off-topic according to the charter or other owned published FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) or description of such group, site or list.
- System and Network Security – Users are prohibited from violating any system or network security measures including, but not limited to, engaging in unauthorized access or use of Highspeed Country Internet or a third party’s network, data or information. Users are unauthorized to monitor Highspeed Country Internet or third party’s data, systems or network traffic. Users are prohibited from interfering with service to any user, host or network including without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks. Users are prohibited to forge any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or newsgroup posting.
- Violation of Internet Acceptable Policy – Highspeed Country Internet considers the above practices to constitute abuse of its Services. Therefore, Highspeed Country Internet Terms and Conditions of the Services prohibit these practices. Engaging in one or more of these practices may result in termination or suspension of the offender’s account and/or access to the Highspeed Country Internet Services, in accordance with the Client’s Agreement with Highspeed Country Internet. Nothing contained in this policy shall be construed to limit Highspeed Country Internet actions or remedies in any way with respect to any of the foregoing activities. Highspeed Country Internet reserves the right to take any and all additional actions it may deem appropriate with respect to such activities, including, without limitation, taking action to recover the costs and expenses of identifying offenders and removing them from the Highspeed Country Internet Services, and levying cancellation charges to cover Highspeed Country Internet costs. In addition, Highspeed Country Internet reserves at all times all rights and remedies available to it with respect to such activities at law or in equity. Complaints regarding email, or USENET abuse, SPAM or Illegal Use or System or Network Security issues, should be sent to Highspeed Country Internet. By signing this policy and/or simply using the services, you also agree that you will abide by any changes to this policy. Please find the updated version of this policy by visiting our web site.
Wireless Internet Service Agreement
By establishing an account or using the Services of Highspeed Country Internet, you agree to be bound by this Agreement and to use the Service in compliance with this Agreement, our Acceptable Use Policy and other policies.
The following terms and conditions shall apply to customers subscribing to Highspeed Country Internet’s Internet Service. This Agreement is part of and shall be incorporated into the Acceptable Use Policy. In utilizing Highspeed Country Internet the Internet Service, Customer agrees to adhere to the terms and conditions of the Acceptable Use Policy and this Agreement as Highspeed Country Internet may modify it from time to time. In the event of an inconsistency or conflict between the Acceptable Use Policy and this Agreement, the provisions of this Agreement shall govern. In the event that any portion of this agreement is altered or changed by Highspeed Country Internet, the latest shall be available at www.hcicomm.net. Changes shall be effective when posted. Customer agrees to review the Wireless Internet Service Agreement available at that site from time to time to be aware of any changes.
Billing is done once per month; full payment is due net 5 days from the date of the invoice. Payments can be mailed to our office. However, we strongly prefer automatic reoccurring payments via credit card. We will only give account information to the registered account holder. Please make sure to add a spouse’s name to the application if you want them to have access to change the account in any way.
Payment by subscriber shall be due to Highspeed Country Internet net 5 days from the date of the invoice. A Fifteen Dollar ($15.00) late payment fee shall be assessed on any account not paid within fifteen (6) days from the due date of the invoice. Accounts remaining unpaid for thirty (30) days or more shall be deemed delinquent. Delinquent accounts shall accrue interest at 21.5% APR on all outstanding principle amounts until paid. Delinquent accounts shall be placed on accounting hold and services to the Subscriber/Customer shall be suspended until the account is paid in full. For any subscriber’s account that has been placed on suspended service, Highspeed Country Internet reserves the right, at its sole discretion to charge a Ten Dollar ($10.00) reconnection charge to the customer’s account to reactivate the subscriber’s Services after the reconnection charge has been paid. In the event any balance is not paid as agreed, the undersigned agrees to pay a collections fee equal to 40% of the unpaid balance in addition to the unpaid balance. In the event of a lawsuit to collect the unpaid balance, the undersigned further agrees to pay court costs and reasonable attorney fees.
A Thirty-Five Dollar ($35.00) fee will be added to the subscriber account in the event of any returned check. In the event that more than one check is returned during the lifetime of the Subscriber/Customer’s account, we will only accept cash, credit card or certified funds for payment on the account.
Highspeed Country Internet reserves the right to terminate this Agreement, your password, your account, or your use of the Internet Service, at any time, for any reason without prior notice, including, but not limited to, if Highspeed Country Internet, in its sole discretion, believes you have violated this Agreement, our Acceptable Use Policy, or any of the applicable user policies, or if you fail to pay any charges when due.
Highspeed Country Internet may provide termination notice to you by: email addressed to your email account or by US Mail or courier service to the address you provided for the Service, but is not required to do so.
Termination by Highspeed Country Internet for violations of Highspeed Country Internet Acceptable Use Policy shall be subject to the termination fee as described above.
In the event that special construction, or additional equipment including but not limited to, longer cable, additional grounding, higher tower or mast hardware, or specialized antennas, an additional fee will be required for said equipment and any additional labor not included with the standard install. Additional labor is billed at $75.00/hr.
All equipment, modems, subscriber modules, antennas and standard mounting equipment furnished by Highspeed Country Internet will at all times remain the property of Highspeed Country Internet. Subscriber may not sell, transfer, lease, encumber or assign all or part of the equipment to any third party. Subscriber shall pay for the full retail cost of, or the repair or replacement of any lost, stolen, unreturned, damaged, sold, transferred, leased, encumbered or assigned equipment or part thereof, together with any costs incurred by Highspeed Country Internet in obtaining or attempting to obtain possession of any such equipment. On expiration or termination of this Agreement, Subscriber authorizes Highspeed Country Internet to retrieve from Subscriber’s premises equipment that is owned by Highspeed Country Internet.
Highspeed Country Internet connection point ends at the Subscriber Module. Any trouble beyond our network or equipment is the full responsibility of the Subscriber and their subsequent Network Administrator or vendor. Standard maintenance is limited solely to Highspeed Country Internet network and backbone connectivity.
If your connection ceases to function properly but Highspeed Country Internet’s network is still functioning properly, a technician will be sent to troubleshoot during normal business hours. (9AM 6:30PM Monday-Friday). If the problem is due to subscriber negligence, or any of those items listed in the Not covered by Standard Maintenance section, standard hourly rates apply.
Repair or replacement of parts damaged or lost through catastrophe, accident, lightning, neglect, misuse, transportation, theft, fault or negligence of Subscriber or causes external damage to the wireless system such as, but not limited to failure of, or faulty, electrical power, operator error, or malfunction of Subscriber’s computer and/or peripheral equipment, including routers, which are considered customer owned equipment, or from any cause related to or other than the intended ordinary use. Antenna re-aiming or relocation due to obstructions such as trees, vegetation or buildings, or storm related damage. Any re-aiming or relocation of antennas, or reconstruction of tower/mast assemblies will be billed to the Subscriber at standard hourly rates.
Subscriber, its agent, successor and/or assigns expressly agrees to indemnify and release Highspeed Country Internet, its affiliates, subcontractors, employees, agents, assigns or successors from any liability for any claims, losses, actions, damages, suits, or proceedings arising out of or otherwise related to Subscriber’s installation of, use of, or termination of Highspeed Country Internet services hereunder including but not limited to, Subscriber’s access to content uploaded or downloaded using Highspeed Country Internet service from any source or to any recipient. Subscriber further releases Highspeed Country Internet from any responsibility or liability related to the accuracy, quality for confidentiality of any information available by or through Highspeed Country Internet systems and/or the wireless network. Subscriber’s release of Highspeed Country Internet includes any actions or inaction by Highspeed Country Internet which amount to negligence. Subscriber further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Highspeed Country Internet from and against any and all claims, actions, causes of action, loss or damages including attorney fees which in any way arise from Subscriber’s installation of, use of, termination of, Highspeed Country Internet services herein.
Highspeed Country Internet assumes no responsibility for the content contained on the Internet or otherwise available through the wireless network or from any source accessible via Highspeed Country Internet services. Highspeed Country Internet discloses and Subscriber acknowledges that there may be content on the Internet or otherwise available through the services provided by Highspeed Country Internet which may be offensive to some individuals, which may not be in compliance with local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations, including but not limited to, pornographic, or otherwise inappropriate or sexually explicit offensive content. Subscriber acknowledges to Highspeed Country Internet that its use of Highspeed Country Internet service to access information, content or other services is at its own risk.
The laws of the State of Georgia shall govern the terms of this Agreement. The parties hereto stipulate and agree that the exclusive venue for the resolution of all disputes concerning this Agreement shall be in the Counties we operate in, in the state of Georgia.
The customer agrees that they will read and understand the checklist, FAQ and Won’t do and Acceptable Use Policy sections of the Highspeed Country Internet website. The customer assumes all liability of providing a computer or device capable of using the IP protocol over Ethernet.
This Agreement, in combination with the Acceptable Use Policy and other policies posted directly and publicly on the Highspeed Country Internet website, constitute the entire Agreement between the parties and no other representations or statements will be binding upon the parties. If any part of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
Residential Packages are for single-family residence and/or home-office use only. Internet sharing is allowed only within the boundaries of the residence. Business Packages are for a single business or hotel property only. Wi-Fi sharing with guests or customers of businesses or hotels is permitted when the business’s guest or customer is at the business or hotel location, but not with anyone not on the property of the business. Allowing others to use this connection via wired, wireless (Wi-Fi or other technology) or by other means will result in immediate disconnection. Reselling this service will result in immediate disconnection. However, businesses may set up a Wi-Fi hotspot with permission from Highspeed Country Internet. This is only allowed on a case-by-case basis.
Using a personal account for high volume or commercial use (e.g., revenue generation, advertising, etc.) is prohibited. Email accounts exceeding the Member’s allotted email space, may, at Highspeed Country Internet discretion, be transferred to a compressed temporary file or storage. Highspeed Country Internet may delete the temporary files from the server 60 days after notifying you.
Highspeed Country Internet has no obligation to monitor the Service but may do so from time to time. Highspeed Country Internet will not disclose any personal or identifiable information to any other party unless it is legally obligated to do so, including, but not limited to: satisfying laws, regulations, or governmental or legal requests; operate the Services properly, or to protect itself and its interests.
Highspeed Country Internet may immediately remove your material or information from Highspeed Country Internet servers, in whole or in part, which Highspeed Country Internet, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines to infringe on another party’s proprietary rights or to violate our Acceptable Use Policy.
Any use of the system that disrupts the normal use of the system for other Subscribers is considered to be abuse of Services. The propagation of computer worms, viruses, spyware, adware or the use of the network to make unauthorized entry to any other computer systems, Highspeed Country Internet equipment, or other communication devices or resources of others is a violation of this agreement. The use of Highspeed Country Internet services by Subscribers to modify, alter, reverse engineer, decompile disks, or disassemble any proprietary work in whatever form is a violation of this Agreement. The failure of any Subscriber running IPX to use an IP tunneling protocol is a violation of this Agreement. The broadcast of Routing Internet Protocol (RIP) or any other inter router protocol by Subscriber is a violation of this Agreement. Failure to obey all terms set forth in the Acceptable Use Policy is a violation of this Agreement. Any Subscriber deemed by Highspeed Country Internet to be in violation of this section is subject to immediate termination by Highspeed Country Internet. Termination under this section shall have no liability other than to refund any unearned prepaid service fees including direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages.
Usernames, passwords and email addresses at Highspeed Country Internet are Highspeed Country Internet property and Highspeed Country Internet may alter or replace them at any time.
Highspeed Country Internet has no control over certain types of interference and signal blockage. We do not guarantee any level or quality of service. If the service becomes unusable and cannot be restored within 2 working days, your account will be credited for the outage. If the Service is interrupted for more than an aggregate of 24 hours in any given month, term contracts may be canceled without penalty.
Highspeed Country Internet cannot be held liable for any type of loss, whether actual or perceived, due to a lack of service.
Subscribers understand that service will be interrupted from time to time for various reasons including maintenance, upgrades and power outages. There will be no warning for some outages.
Payments must be received prior to the due date. A Fifteen Dollar ($15.00) late payment fee shall be assessed on any account not paid within fifteen (6) days from the due date of the invoice. Accounts remaining unpaid for thirty (30) days or more shall be deemed delinquent. Delinquent accounts shall accrue interest at 21.5% APR on all outstanding principle amounts until paid. Delinquent accounts shall be placed on accounting hold and services to the Subscriber/Customer shall be suspended until the account is paid in full. For any subscriber’s account that has been placed on suspended service, Highspeed Country Internet reserves the right, at its sole discretion to charge a Ten Dollar ($10.00) reconnection charge to the customer’s account to reactivate the subscriber’s Services after the reconnection charge has been paid.
All attorneys’ fees, court costs, and related expenses incurred in the event that payment is not made in a timely manner, should proceedings be brought by Highspeed Country Internet to collect a debt owed, will be the customer’s responsibility.